In other news, we had a wonderful first Christmas with Grayson this year! This was our year to spend Christmas with Drew's family and it was really special for Grayson to be around his favorite (only) cousins: Nathan, Aubrey, and Lexi. Didi and Zip (Drew's parents) were super sweet and kept the grandkids a couple of times for us. One time Jared, Drew, Sam, and I went to Starbucks and even sat down there to enjoy our special treat (so rare)! Another time, Jared, Drew, Sam, and I went to Southlake Town Center to do some shopping with our Christmas money and gift cards without the kiddos. I could actually try stuff on!!! Imagine that! Drew did really well on my Christmas presents this year without me even telling him any ideas. He spoiled me with the most soft and cuddly Gap Body pajamas, a Massage Envy gift certificate, my favorite nail salon gift certificate, and a book I have been wanting! He wins!! It was especially fun watching my nephew and nieces walk in to see what Santa had brought them under the Christmas tree this year. I can't wait to see Grayson enjoy this fun tradition in years to come. Grayson LOVES his cousin Nathan! Anytime Nathan came over to Grayson to talk to him, Grayson would get this huge smile on his face and coo back at Nate. So precious! Ken and Diane spoiled us and we enjoyed our first Christmas with the newest family member, Josh who recently married Kellye! We all spent the night at Ken and Diane's (even though our house is 10 minutes away) on Christmas Eve so we could all wake up together on Christmas morning. So fun!!
On Friday morning this past week, Raydad and Mimi came into town to visit Grayson (oh and me and Drew, but we don't matter anymore!) for a late Christmas! We had a great time with them and they sure did love on Grayson! Katie and Trey came over to our house too on Saturday morning so we could exchange presents and enjoy spending time together. This is when Drew got his sweet new camera and I got all sorts of beautiful clothes, shoes, and cashola! Grayson got diapers, wipes (he was thrilled), custom made blocks with family members' pictures on them made by Mimi, cute outfits, etc. We were all very blessed this Christmas. Later that day we went over to my uncle Roger and aunt Vicki's house for our Carver Christmas (my mom's side of the family) and enjoyed a great lunch and time with family before heading home to play a mean game of Arnold Palmer miniature golf. This is a funny gift I got for my Dad and Drew. What a fun Christmas!!
Ok, here is the promised Grayson bath pictures. I will show you a series of pictures to let you all see the progression:
Poor baby.
**Also, this post was written yesterday, but posted today due to waiting on these bathtime pictures taken last night. Technically, I am still on-track with my new year's resolution! ;)**
I LOVE his scowling face! Let's just call it expressive, not mad. B/c he does look JUST like you when he does it. ;)
ReplyDeleteLove the bath pics. Bath time with babies is the best. Actually it's still kind of the best even when they grow up b/c they still love it so much. :)
Loving all this blogging you're doing!!