I am a proud member of Birchbox! Have you heard of it? It is this makeup company that for, I think, $10 a month sends you in the mail each month a box of makeup samples! It's my favorite thing to get in the mail each month because it's always a surprise what will be in the box. When you sign up you tell them what color eyes, hair, skin type, etc. that you have and they tailor what they send to you based on that. I've received a variety of hair products, perfumes, foundation primers, nail polish, bronzers, mascarras, face masks, etc. over the several months I have been getting Birchboxes. One time, there was this package of nail stickers in my box. I didn't know what I thought of this, but decided to give it a try this morning since I couldn't go back to sleep after I fed Grayson at 5am. They are admittedly pretty wild with the leopard pattern, but I love them! They are the coolest thing I have ever put on my nails!! I just peeled off the backing and laid them on my nails. There was a lot of extra hanging off (since they don't know how long my natural nails are) and all you do is take a nail file and file your natural nail and the extra sticker part just falls right off! It was like magic. I am definitely sold on these instead of nail polish after this amazingly easy experience! I think I have even seen something like this sold at Wal-Mart and you better believe I am going to be scoping it out the next time I go. I've heard these last a lot longer than regular nail polish, don't chip, and you just remove it with regular nail polish remover! Easy!! Look at how cute they are! (And they perfectly matched my new snow leopard Toms wedges I wore this morning too!)


(Here are the shoes I wore to match my nails today to church!)
In other news, I went into Grayson's nursery to feed him this morning when he woke up at 5am (after 9 hours of sleep!!!) and after he was finished eating, I propped him up on my boppy to look at how sweet and cute he is while I patted him on the back to burp him. Almost as soon as I gave him that first pat....BLAHHHHHHHH! The boy projectile vomits allllll over me, the glider, the boppy, and his blanket that was still wrapped around him! Now do you see why I couldn't really go back to sleep after I fed him at 5?! He really surprised me with that one!!
He is doing something new though! He can now sit in his Bumbo chair! Look at our big boy sitting up like a champ:
This Wednesday night is the Baby Dedication at our church. I'm so excited that our church, elders, and ministers will be praying prayers of blessings over Grayson and over Drew and I as parents. Do you think that would be an appropriate time to hoist my son up into the air and start singing the Lion King song?! Hmmm...I just might do it! ;) In all seriousness though, please pray for us too. We are having so much fun being Grayson's parents but are constantly praying that the Lord will grant us guidance, wisdom, and peaceful spirits as we parent our son. We pray that God will help us raise Grayson to know Him better and to create that desire in him to want to serve God and others. Please help us pray for those things too!
I'm SOOO excited to get my first birch box! Best brother & sister in laws ever! :)
ReplyDeleteGrayson looks adorable in his Bumbo.
I'm loving the leopard nails.
And I ALSO got vomited on yesterday. Fun stuff. Turns out stuffing Lexi full of popcorn & then spinning her around & around on the swing is a BAD idea. :)
tara, you know how unique our church is - Hope! well, there was a night that our preacher actually preached the whole sermon with his newborn in arms - sixth child, he is a pro!! and his wife is too!! but he actually did the whole lion king thing. it was so funny!! i love you and i love hearing all of your JOY!! so happy you are able to participate in a baby dedication!! pray is what makes life so different!! peace.
ReplyDeleteI have got to check out this Birchbox thing - it sounds fabulous!
ReplyDelete