What we've been up to since Tuesday:
I went to my first ever Ladies' Bible Class at the Southlake campus of The Hills with Sarah Brooks on Wednesday. I am really excited about diving into the Word with these ladies and know God will teach me a lot through the women of the Bible we are going to study. The BIG FIRST, though, was leaving Grayson for the very first time in the NURSERY!! He did fairly well, although I had to go feed him one time and he kind of had a meltdown another time. I know it will only get easier and easier from here on out and the ladies seemed very sweet in the nursery there. I made Sarah snap a picture of me with Grayson before I dropped him off for the first time...thanks Sarah!On Thursday, our family got to experience the joy of meeting Kennedy Kenyon at the hospital!!! Sarah K has been a sweet friend of mine for a long time now. We met at A&M in the Aggies For Christ (AFC), went on AFCO (mission trip to Thailand, Malaysia, and Singapore) together, have skiied together, were roommates in college AND in Dallas when we were both working girls, and currently go to the same church and are in the same small group as Sarah and her hubby, Danny! It is so fun to go through this life stage change with Sarah and Danny and couldn't be happier for them and their beautiful little girl. Sarah looked sickeningly fabulous (can you tell I am dealing with a bit of jealousy about that?!) and Grayson dressed up in his tie onesie so that he would make a good first impression on his future girlfriend!
On Friday morning, Grayson and I met up with Sarah B and Beckett to walk at Bear Creek Park together. (Grayson is asleep in the stroller). I sure do love me some Sarah time!! I am really hoping that she hurries up and posts about this hilarious story of a DIY face mask she tried on her blog. She cracked me up telling me about it on our walk.
Friday night Grayson and I were on our own for the first time since he was born! Drew went on the Men's Retreat and seemed to have a great time with some other guys from our small group that went too. I am so thankful for a God-fearing husband that spends part of his weekend doing something like that! Grayson has such a good Dad who sets a Godly example for him. We had a great time just the two of us, but when bed-time came around...it wasn't just Mommy that was missing Daddy! I didn't know how to play the "throw the sheet over his head" game just right and didn't have the funny side comments that Daddy always says when he reads Grayson's favorite board books, Oh David! and If You Give A Mouse A Cookie. So, to make him feel better, I put on his new Baby Gap pajamas with the skateboards all over them so that he could feel like he was more like Dad!
Drew is back and we are so happy to have him home...now maybe I won't be such a 'fraidy cat tonight every time I hear the slightest noise! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment