Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

3 Months Old!

Grayson,

You are 3 months old now! I can't even believe it!! It still seems like just yesterday that we were gazing at your precious face in the hospital delivery room. You can do so many new things now! We love it when you enjoy kicking your legs like crazy. It's as if you think you are going to get somewhere, and fast, by kicking like that! Anytime we lay you on the changing table, you immediately start cooing at us. Sometimes I will just stand there for long amounts of time letting you talk to me because it is so cute and I don't want it to end by me picking you up. Usually, if your Dad is home from work, he will come in too when he hears you talking so that we can both soak up the moment together. His recent nickname for you is "goob" because you make that sound sometimes when you talk. You have even let out several little laughs! You laugh by sucking in air. Haha! It is so funny! We think you sound like a pterodactyl still when you really get to talking/squealing sometimes. You have given us so much joy in these moments, Grayson.

You have your other kind of moments too, though! You usually start off by mad-talking to us. You let out several AHHH's with a frowny face like you are talking to us about something you are really mad about. Then, if we aren't able to meet your needs immediately, that mad talking turns into whining, and eventually into crying. You are kind of moody...I'm afraid you get that from me. You can go from laughing one second to crying the next. You really keep us on our toes! You have decided that you don't really like your car-seat anymore and scream cry anytime I drive us somewhere (unless Dad drives us and then I ride beside you and you are fine that way).

You have rolled over...once...off of a pillow. I was so excited; perhaps a little more excited than you. You really try hard to do it again during "tummy-time," but haven't quite figured out how to move your arm the right way so that you can accomplish your goal. You can put pressure on your chubby legs if we hold you up to where it looks like you are standing! Dad thinks you will be walking in no-time! ;)

You have blessed us with the gift of SLEEP this month! For a couple of weeks now, you have slept between 8 1/2-10 hours through the night! You take pretty good naps during the day as well. You follow a pretty good schedule during the day: wake up around 5-6am and eat, play, sleep; wake up at 9am and eat, play, sleep; wake up at 12pm and eat, play, sleep; wake up at 3pm and eat, play, sleep; wake up at 5:30 and eat, play with Dad while I cook dinner, fall asleep in your swing while we eat dinner; wake up at 7pm and get a bath, get your pajamas on, read a Bible story, eat, sing Jesus Loves Me and Jesus Loves the Little Children a few times while I bounce and sway with you by your crib, and you are out for the night by 8:00-8:30pm! I love this schedule and you have followed it on your own except for a few days when you were eating every 2 hours because you were a hungry boy and going through a growth spurt!

Dad knows a special way to hold you that miraculously stops your crying EVERY time! He realized that you like to be facing out and he has one arm under your bottom with your legs dangling over and one arm across your stomach. You really enjoy looking around when he does that. He is also a master burper! If he is home and I am having a hard time getting a burp out of you, I call for Dad to come in and it usually doesn't take much at all for him to get you to burp. One time, last week, he was burping you and you looked up and saw me watching y'all and gave me the biggest grin! It was as if you didn't know I had been there all along and were so excited to see me! Haha! That really melted my heart, Grayson.

You like to sit in your bumbo seat, swing, bouncer, lay on the floor on a blanket, or in our arms. You have started getting unpredictable at church and Dad or I usually have to take you out toward the end so that you don't disrupt people around you. I'm thinking that we may get brave soon and start putting you in the nursery. You had your first Christmas this month and we had so much joy spending it with you! You are very well-loved by all of your sweet family members and grandparents. You have discovered your tongue and stick it out, blow bubbles, drool, and sometimes make a funny wet razzing sound! You can't get enough of your hands and fingers and are constantly sticking them up to your mouth to shove them in as far as they will go...even to the point of gagging a couple of times! 

Grayson, I could obviously go on and on and ON about all the little things we love about you, Son! You are such a blessing to us and we are constantly thanking God for giving you to us 3 months ago. We can't wait to see what new things you will learn and discover next month!!

Love,
Mom

I couldn't pick one favorite picture this month, so here are ALL of my favorites! :)




2 comments: