Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year y'all! Want to know one of my top new year resolutions?! To be better about blogging!!! I'm serious. This, to me, is the best way to log and remember all the things I want to remember about Grayson and our life and happenings throughout the year. In addition, it's a fantastic way to share our life and my thoughts with friends and family that want to keep up with our family. I'm going to do it. I AM! Starting today I am going to start blogging everyday for 2 weeks straight to get myself in the groove of it all. After that, I will try to keep up with daily posts but might kick it back a little to only a few times a week. I don't know...we'll see. This may make me into a blog-o-maniac! Either way, I am excited to play a little catch up with Grayson-news and enjoy this hobby I started a while ago, but haven't found time for lately. I have found that I am a schedule person. If I don't have a schedule to do something, it probably won't happen. Like reading my Bible. If I don't decide what part of the day I want to always read my Bible, the day ends and I never "found time" to read the Word! Not good. So, I think my new schedule will be to read my Bible and then blog everyday after Grayson goes down for his first nap of the day. I have been thinking a lot about resolutions in the past couple of days. I am worried I may have too many! Some that I have thought of so far (that's right...I may not be done thinking of more!):

1. Read my Bible everyday-- I do this one every year and have yet to accomplish this goal...in sad attempts that never last very long. I want to HUNGER for His Word and deeply desire to read the Bible EVERY day!
2. Lose some serious weight-- Still working on getting rid of all those pregnancy pounds I packed on! I have a ways to go, but plan on accomplishing this by running/walking more. I have run a few times in the past couple of weeks and have found that I am able to pound out 3 miles, but at a MUCH slower pace than I used to be able to do in my prime. Oh my prime. Those were the days. ;)
3. Keep up with my blogging-- I already told y'all about this one. It's GOING to happen!

Those are the main ones I have thought of but am still tossing around some in my head about being a good mom, good wife, servant to others, etc. I would really like to be more selfless in 2012.

Ok, enough seriousness. I HAVE to tell you about the most embarrassing ever that has happened to me as a mom to date! It happened yesterday, January 1, 2012 at church. My parents were with us since they were still here from our late family Christmas (since we spent real Christmas with Drew's family this year) and Carver Christmas. My mom was holding sweet Grayson during church so she could soak up the last few minutes loving on and looking at him before they left to go back home after church. He had been slowly drifting off to sleep during worship and then came communion. Communion! You know where this is going don't you? So, the bread is passed. Then comes the juice...and it's during THIS silent quiet time that Grayson lets out the BIGGEST LOUDEST FART everrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!! My mom looked surprised, my dad's shoulders were bouncing from laughing, Drew turned bright red, and I was looking around thinking...did that REALLY just happen?!? Chuckles were heard all around us, because people heard...there is no doubt that lots of people heard! Just to make SURE that everyone knew it was my baby that let out that horrendous sound and not me or my adult family members, I quickly grabbed his diaper bag and him and got up to go change his diaper and feed him. How embarrassing! But, you gotta hand it to the boy--he has timing! Have I been initiated into the new mom club yet?!

I'll leave you with a few sweet photos of the little "toot" Grayson from the photo shoot we did in College Station with Jenny Livingston back in November:







1 comment:

  1. oh, tara, you have some wonderful resolutions!! i'm with you in all points!! I will look forward to hearing from your blog more often!! I love the pictures and the "toot" story -- well, you are really enjoying these first months, i can tell!! we love you and drew and grayson!! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete