Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

What We've Been Up To

What we've been up to this past week:
  • On Wednesday night last week, our family was blessed by The Hills' Baby Dedication! They had a fabulous reception with cookies, punch, slideshow of pictures of the little ones and their families, gifts of ceramic crosses, Bibles, and the Elders prayed over each family throughout the reception. The Wallaces prayed over Grayson, Drew and me. We are thankful to have such wise and loving Elders and friends in them and others at The Hills. After the reception, we went to church and were blessed all over again on the stage with a million bajillion other babies and their families! Grayson got to share this moment with his pals Emaleigh (John & Deborah's) and Beckett (Taylor & Sarah's)!
  •  On Thursday night, we were back at The Hills for the Men's Mentor Reception. Drew was honored last year by being selected to be a part of a new ministry at The Hills in which the Elders and staff members select about 2-3 men each in whom they see leadership potential and want to spend time that year mentoring and praying for them and their families. Last year, Drew's mentor was Rick Work and I benefitted as well from being blessed by Rick's wife, Donna as a mentor for me! This year, Drew is blessed with Erich Robinson as his mentor. Erich is the staff member at church in charge of the Men's Ministry and has also been our class teacher. We love Erich and his wife Kendra and look forward to getting to know them better and growing from their wisdom and encouragement! (For pretty much the entire reception, Kendra stole Grayson and walked all around talking to her friends while holding him! It was so nice to see someone loving our baby and blessing us with a short break!)
  • The rest of the weekend we just took it easy, but Grayson was having more and more tummy issues and being VERY fussy. I think part of it was that he hit a growth spurt as he turns 3 months old on the 20th! However, it was more than that. Our poor baby moans and groans and strains like none other. He has been diagnosed by our pediatrician with reflux, but after the day we had yesterday, I called the doctor's office to tell them that after a little over a month on his baby Zantac medicine I haven't really seen a marked change. They called in a perscription for Prevacid and we are really prayerful that this will finally help him to feel better. We've tried EVERYTHING! Here is a picture of all the medicines our poor baby Grayson has already had so far in his life:
{Instant Gas Relief Drops (Mylicon), Gripe Water, Colic Drops, Zantac, and Prevacid!}
  • We've still been working on "Tummy Time" with him...
  •  He sometimes gets so excited when we put him on the changing table to change him that he kicks his legs, waves his arms, smiles, and coos!
  • He has cute feet (random I know, but they are so cute that they should be shared with the world!)
  • Grayson and Dad having fun watching the Stars play hockey at home!


  • Oh! And today I took him to his first story time at the Southlake Library! It's for babies who aren't able to walk yet. I may be taking him a little early but I can tell this is going to be so fun! We sang lots of songs, did lots of hand motions with little poems, read a book, shook a parachute, and played with small beach balls. Ok...I shook the parachute, and did the hand motions, and sang the songs, etc. He loved it though! Here he is looking cute in his penguin hat on our way to the library!

  • And...something sad is happening today. I really think I might cry. Today, Grayson will be using his LAST SIZE 1 DIAPER and moving on to size 2's. This sweet baby has been wearing size 1 diapers out of the womb! It was so funny because he didn't ever fit into newborn size diapers. The nurses had to go to the nursery at the hospital to get a size 1 diaper for him because they didn't even have any of those in the delivery room to put on him when he was first born!! I know what this means. This means my baby is growing up. I look forward to the memories to come, but am sad to see the size 1 memories in the past. Here is Grayson holding his last size 1 diaper!!

3 comments:

  1. love, love, love your writing. so happy for the wallaces to be there and pray over the 3 of you!! love to hear the mentoring going on -- you know that is a favorite relationship in life for me!! i have gained so much by being mentored!! so proud of you and drew!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that first picture of your little family! And so sad to hear Grayson's tummy still isn't getting better. Hope the new medicine works. I'm trying to remember how it went for Lexi. I'm thinking the medicine helped a little but she still spit up all the time-just not as much was coming back up. I think mostly she just out grew it. I think once she moved on to solids it got better. All my kids cried a ton 3-6 months though. I think it's like the fussy age or something. :)

    ReplyDelete