I know this is a month late, but Drew and I decided to take turns each month writing Grayson his monthly letter. I wrote the first one on here, and Drew decided to hand-write his letter to Grayson when he turned 2 months old. In order to share it with everyone, I have typed it up so that you can read it before I post his 3 MONTHS OLD! letter later today.
12/20/2011
Grayson,
You have been alive for two months now; it is already apparent that time does fly by; within no time you'll be walking, talking, and drop-kicking things around the house.
So far, I am most impressed/surprised by how much I love you. There is nothing like the love a father has for his son. Words can't reflect the emotion, but you harbor so much of my love and joy.
My biggest hope for you and for myself as a father, is that you will love our God and serve Him in all that you do. I don't care about much more than you accepting Jesus and following him- rich, poor, dumb (just kidding!), or smart; athletic or clumsy- just love our God and the rest will find it's place.
Also, be nice to people, be patient, and always put others before yourself. And, be sweet to your Mom.
Well, it's 2011 and nearly 2012. I'm sure the world will be vastly different by the time you read this- maybe there will be robots and draculas battling for supremacy? Maybe USB Toasters and invisible things will be the norm? There's no good answer! I can't wait for whatever comes: I promise to do my best to lead by a Godly example, and never ask of you what I wouldn't demand of myself.
Go Robots!
-Dad
Monday, January 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment