Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Chicken Fried Steak Puffs and Tummy Time

My husband is obsessed with this dish he created in his mind. He loves chicken fried steak AND he loves anything with bread. It's kind of weird actually. He will eat everything with a piece of bread or tortilla wrapped around it. Macarroni and cheese in a piece of bread, somehow tortilla soup in a tortilla (I think he sips the soup part first and scoops out the good stuff to put in the tortilla), even corndogs...wrapped in a tortilla! Aren't corndogs already breaded?!? So, of course his invention of chicken fried steak puffs became his new obsession and he has been asking me to make them for as long as I can remember. Last night I gave it a whirl!
I made chicken fried steak.
 Then wrapped puff pastry dough around Drew's chicken fried steak 
and baked it in the oven for about 20 minutes. Weird.
He said it was great, but it didn't really puff up as much as I imagined it would. 
Maybe I will attempt it again sometime in the future, but at least my hubby was happy.

We've been trying to really work hard on "tummy time" with Grayson lately. He's pretty good at it and I love how he looks so proud of himself in a couple of these pictures. The first few are of tummy time with his Dad last night and the rest are of tummy time and a couple of him on his back today on his playmat (notice the awesome keyboard that he can play with his feet at the end of the playmat...love this!).

He starts out all proud and happy...he's workin' it!
 Then he starts to get a little tired..."are we done here?!"
 And he ends up all pooped out...tummy time is hard work!





I love these chubby thighs!!!

1 comment:

  1. Seeing that awesome neck control reminded me of the turtle neck thing he does. I hope you've gotten that on video b/c it's just too great. :)

    ReplyDelete