My parents came to visit us! We were Face Timing with them on Saturday morning and they said, "ohhhh he's just so cute! I wish we were there to see him...cannnn we come see him?!" Yeah they just casually threw that last part in there. But of course we always LOVE seeing Mimi and Raydad, so they came Monday-Wednesday that very week! Mom got to read him lots of books (two new ones that she brought!), Dad got lots of holding time in with the "G-man," and Mom came along with us to story-time at the Southlake Library on Tuesday morning...and shopping, of course!!
Monday was Grayson's 4 month doctor's visit. He took his shots like a champ with only a little bit of tears! We were told to give Grayson more tummy time, even if that meant letting him fuss there on his belly for a little bit. "If you don't give him opportunities to roll over," she said, "he won't!" Hmmm....good point I guess. Then she started rattling off all of these life-changing events that were about to occur for Grayson and Drew and I felt we couldn't remember half of what she was saying at such a fast speed. What was it all about? SOLID FOODS!! That's right! She said Grayson can begin eating solid foods now!! She said to start with rice cereal- just a small amount and very watered down with milk for him to practice eating from a spoon and using his tongue to push back the food to swallow. Then she said all of this other stuff about oatmeal single grain next, then baby food--vegetables first, then fruit, blah, blah, blah...I lost her at this point! A.) She was talking so fast there is no WAY I could comprehend all of this info and B.) She said my baby is old enough to start solid foods?!?! Wow! Thankfully she sent us off with a print-out that had all of the pertinent info on it and we went home excited to try rice cereal with Grayson for the first time. Since we were given the go-ahead and I just happened to have the rice cereal handy at home in case she said anything like that at the appointment...and since my parents were in town for a visit, Drew set up Grayson's highchair for the first time ever and we fed that boy his first tasting of solid foods! Mimi and Raydad enjoyed laughing while we attempted to feed Grayson, but really most of it just dribbled right out of his mouth. Haha!
Yay! I was excited to read this :) BTW I hardly ever catch what she is saying, she talks SOOOO fast, haha, but I like it, thank goodness for those printouts they send us home with!
ReplyDeleteYou're back on the blog. I've been waiting... :)
ReplyDelete