Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Hearing the heartbeat

Last night, Drew and I made a Baby Branch Boy or Girl Countdown Chain! I used to make these all the time as a little girl to countdown the days until Christmas with red and green chains made out of paper. So, I had the idea to make one to get us excited to find out if our baby is a boy or girl too! I got out my pile of scrapbook paper and had Drew pick out 7 pieces of blue paper and I picked out 7 of my favorite designs of pink paper. I cut the strips and Drew helped me link them together to make our chain! It's going to be so much fun to be able to tear a chain off each day in anticipation of finding out whether Baby Branch is a boy or girl!
Today we had another doctor's appointment! Drew was sweet and finished up work early so he could meet me at the doctor's office at 3:45. I was so glad to have him there. It just didn't seem right to not have him there to hear our baby's heartbeat again. Today was the appointment where they offer the quad screening and all that other jazz that I could care less about. I really didn't think twice about it because even if this baby did have something wrong with it, I couldn't love it any less. So, instead of those tests being run, we got to hear the heartbeat again! It was such a strong sound this time--stronger than any other time. It really does sound like a galloping horse. Our baby's heartbeat was 145 bpm this time! Drew asked if that sounded athletic and our nurse practioner said it definitely sounded "athletic" and to let her know after we find out boy or girl in a couple of weeks, if she is right. Haha! What peace and joy follow an appointment like that!








Later this evening, I got to enjoy my first prenatal massage at Massage Envy! Let me tell you, this will certainly not be my last!! It was wonderful! I had been waiting for this for what felt like forever. They don't let you get a prenatal massage there until you are out of your first trimester, so it was definitely long-awaited and well worth it! Heavenly. What a perfect day!

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME post. i may have listened to the video twice. ;) so wonderful, and AMEN to that "peace and joy" you speak of! so, so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that heartbeat sound. Brings back sweet memories. :) And love all this countdown fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! It seems like just yesterday hearing my girl's heartbeat. It never gets old:) So great to hear you are doing awesome, i knew you would be:)

    ReplyDelete