Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all of you moms out there! A special Happy Mother's Day to my mom and Drew's mom today too!! We sent flowers to my mom that she got yesterday...I wish we could have been there in person to give them to her, but know that she still felt the love from afar. We got Drew's mom, Diane, a set of 3 hand creams from L'Occtaine. My mom loves these and so last Christmas we got Diane some too--turns out she is crazy about them as well! And DREW got ME presents this year for Mother's Day too!!! Isn't that the sweetest thing ever?! My man is so thoughtful. He made me pop-tarts and orange juice with gingerale for breakfast and brought me two gifts to open as I was getting ready for church this morning. The first one was in a gold wrapped box...a small box...which always means jewelry!! I quickly opened that one first and it was the most gorgeous and special necklace that I will treasure forever. Here is a picture to show you what it looks like: Diamonds! Drew did GOOD!! It is suppossed to be a mother holding a child. I love it and it is so meaningful to me. I immediately asked him to help me put it on so I could wear it to church to show off to everyone I saw. The other gift from my sweet husband was a bottle of my new favorite perfume, Pink from Victoria's Secret. Drew always comments how much he likes the way I smell when I wear this perfume. I had just ran out of the miniature bottle of it I got in a sampler pack from Katie and Trey this Christmas and Drew thoughtfully got me more! Thank you, Drew!!

At church we sat by Ken and Diane. When I showed Diane the necklace that Drew got me, she started really tearing up which HELLO got me all teared up...it really doesn't take much these days! Worship was great and a few songs into the service I got choked up again!! I remembered that I read earlier this week that our baby can now hear my voice. I realized that our baby was able to hear me praise our Lord! Wow. How powerful. Isn't that a mother's number one responsibility? To be an example for her children in showing them who God is and how much we love Him?! I felt so honored that I was already getting to let my child hear my voice praising our Savior that it brought me to tears that I was having to wipe away for at least one whole song. We had a great sermon by our preacher, Rick Atchley on Ruth, went to class, and then met Ken, Diane, and my sister-in-law Kellye at Zio's Italian restaurant for lunch. We enjoyed getting to visit with them and then just before we got up from the table to leave, we had a cry-fest again!! I told Diane that during the sermon about Ruth where she is basically saying that she felt like she hit the jackpot with her mother-in-law Naomi, I kept thinking about how I felt the same way--I really did hit the jackpot with my precious mother-in-law Diane! What a blessing it is to have such great women of God I can turn to at anytime; both my own mother, Phyllis, and my mother-in-law, Diane. Later this afternoon, I had the chance to call and tell my mom Happy Mother's Day again. I love talking to her and am constantly thankful for her friendship...I love every minute I spend with her in person and on the phone. I know she will become even more invaluable to me when I become a mother myself and can't wait to see her as Nana (pronounced Nonna) to our baby.


Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment: