
What a fabulous weekend! On Friday night, Drew and I hosted a Thanksgiving Potluck at our house. We invited 4 other couples: Danny & Sarah Kenyon, Cody & Lindsey Carver, John & Deborah Perkins, and Tony & Lara Larson. Everyone brought the most delicious items to the feast! We had cranberry salad, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, salad with Sarah's green goddess dressing, stuffing, beer bread, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, and apple cider drinks to top it all off!! Drew and I attempted our first turkey with success! Thank you Popeye's (and mom and Diane)!! Haha! We bought a cajun turkey from Popeye's that you just take home and bake for about an hour and a half after thawed. I borrowed Diane's portable roaster and just poured a cup of water in the bottom to make sure the turkey stayed moist. It got great reviews from our guests of it being moist when most had only had dry turkey in the past and that it was flavorful! I highly recommend this turkey to everyone. Sorry I look a little bit hagard in this picture...I haven't quite figured out how to clean house, cook for guests, and look cute by the time guests arrive. Thankfully I was able to accomplish 2 out of 3 of those...can you guess by the picture which skill was left by the wayside?! Drew cut our turkey for us with a new electric knife I got for the occassion. I asked him if he wanted to watch a Youtube video or something to learn how to cut the turkey and he asked me, "Did the pilgrims have youtube videos?!?" and then just went for it! I think he did a great job...bones and all! We had a great time visiting with everyone and Drew even made a fire for us to enjoy after dinner. Thanks to everyone who came!!

On Saturday, we went to Kellye's graduation at her cosmetology school, Ogle! Here she is pictured at her station all decorated up for the big day. So cute!!

Cindy (aunt), Kellye, Diane, Ken, Drew
We are so proud of Kellye and can't wait to see how God will use her in the future! I have heard this girl has mad skills with updo's so if you are in the market for a smashing look for your next party, wedding, or prom...Kellye Branch is your girl!

Danny and I had a blast at your Thanksgiving potluck! Thanks for having us! And...fyi...you looked super cute, as usual! :)
ReplyDeleteoh, tara, i can just hear you talking as you tell the story!! i can also see your big smile and excitement!! i totally enjoyed your story of Thanksgiving feast!! you and drew did GOOD!! (great lookin' platter too)
ReplyDeletefound you!!! i'll add you to my list of people that i stalk :)
ReplyDelete