Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Getting Big!

So....I am basically getting huge! Haha! I was looking at the pictures that I want to post of my belly the past two weeks and realized I am really starting to stick out. It was funny to me to go back and look at pictures of me when I was only 17 weeks along or so. Now my bump looks so tiny in those pictures, but back then I thought I was huge...boy, so many changes!
{I thought I'd throw in this picture of Drew and I together...doesn't he look so happy that I am dragging him to another wedding?!}
I have still been having a great pregnancy and having fun with the growing belly and the little and sometimes strong kicks Grayson gives me throughout the day and especially the evening. However, I did have to call my doctor this week to check to make sure everything was ok because I was having a strong pain on my right side of my belly right under my ribs. I'm talking bad pain! I couldn't lay on my right side and sitting made me want to cry. I spent that whole Thursday in bed because I was just so uncomfortable. The doctor's office said that it is just growing pains. (uh, ouch!) They explained that everything is moving upward so the baby has more room to grow and the pain can be caused by the muscles and even intenstines in my body being moved around to make more room for the baby. They told me to take two extra strength Tylenol, drink lots of water, and to take it easy. I felt much better the next day as far as the ole stomach growing pains go, but then I started having some no-joking-around lower back pain. I feel like pregnancy makes you become like an old woman or something! Pretty soon I am going to need a cane to walk around, people! This is craziness!!
Ok, enough complaining...I know it will all be worth it and can't WAIT to hold this sweet boy of mine soon. Only 11 more weeks and 2 days until my due date! That is NOT LONG! I know those 11 weeks are going to fly by too. I am so thankful to have this time at home before Grayson comes so that I can have fun doing all the crafty things to set up the nursery, read books (currently reading Bringing Up Boys, Shepherding Your Child's Heart, Power of a Praying Wife, and The Happiest Baby on the Block), cooking, making lunches for my sweet husband to take to work, and practicing staying within this new budget of living off of one income!
In other news, I basically win wife of the year award for yesterday! It was pretty much "the day of Drew." I woke him up with waffles and maple syrup, his favorite. Then, he asked me if I would go with him to an empty culdesac behind our house to take pictures of him skateboarding on his "fun box."
For lunch, he requested his favorite Peruvian dish, lomo saltado. Alison and Justin introduced us to this dish when we visited them in Lima last summer and Drew cannot stop talking about it! He even changed the wallpaper on his computer to some nasty food picture of this dish!! I told him if he could find a good recipe, then I would try to make it. So, he hastily searched the internet, printed it out for me, and I got to work to attempt to make this for him (not me...I wasn't as big of a fan). It's basically a beef stir fry with bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, and FRENCH FRIES (weird, huh?!). It always comes with a side of rice and a fried egg (again, weird...right?!) So here it is folks...Tara's attempt at Drew's lomo saltado!
Then, Drew went to hit golf balls with his friend and cousin, Tony. Later that night, we watched Mixed Martial Arts fights together until LATE so we could see his current favorite fighter's match. See what I mean about the day of Drew?! Please tell me I win some kind of award for this!! Well, ok it was a fun day. I love my husband and love all the strange things about him! :) He definitely keeps life interesting!

2 comments:

  1. you are so NOT huge- you're all belly! you look amazing! and the growing pains, yes OUCH. i kept in some small way hoping they'd say it was not normal and i needed a magic pill to cure it- but, thankfully yet sadly, all my aches have been normal. like you said, it will all be worth it when we get to meet our little dudes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah nothing about pregnancy is comfortable, that's for sure! But it really is amazing that your body can smash all your organs up to make room for the baby. And I definitely say you deserve an award & a day of Tara! :)

    ReplyDelete