Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Chicken Fried Steak


So I attempted to make chicken fried steak tonight for dinner. I have a lot of room for improvement but this is how I made it.

Ingredients:

thin cuts of steak
1 cup flour
1 teaspooon garlic powder
1 cup buttermilk
1 egg
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

In a shallow bowl, mix the egg, buttermilk, salt and pepper. In a different shallow bowl, mix the flour and garlic powder.

Pour oil in a large skillet about 1/2 inch high and turn on burner to medium-high heat. While the skillet is getting hot, take a thin cut of steak and place in flour mixture to coat on both sides. Dredge in buttermilk mixture and return to flour mixture for a second coating. Then, place in the skillet. About 2 minutes on each side is all it takes! These cooked very quickly for me. These were good but needed something to give the batter a little more flavor. Any ideas?! All are welcome!

2 comments:

  1. I meant to write this the other day but forgot. I'm totally not a cook so you may not even want to listen to me. :) But my recipe calls for poultry seasoning, paprika, & garlic salt. Maybe those would add more flavor???

    ReplyDelete