Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

What A Weekend

We are back! After a long and busy weekend...we are back home and not going to do a THING during the week to recover from the weekend. Here is how our weekend went:


Thursday-
  • Softball play-off game at 7:45pm
  • Leave for College Station at 9pm
  • Arrive in College Station at 12am
Friday-


  • Drew played golf with my dad, Katie's dad (my sister-in-law), and my dad's friend Barry
  • Out and about in CS
  • Dinner with family and grandparents at the Pebble Creek Country Club Grill at 5pm
  • Trey graduates from Texas A&M University (WHOOP!!!!!!!!!) at 7pm....ummmmmm side-note: Engineering Major graduations are kind of weird. There. I said it. If you heard an American name, you looked up because it was THAT rare! There was even this one guy that only had one name- Steven. No last name, middle name, anything! I was proud of my brother though--what a smarty!! He graduated with honors with a Petroleum Engineering major and a Math minor.
  • Spoons celebration (frozen yogurt place my dad is a FREQUENT patron at) with family after graduation at 10pm

Saturday-

  • Trey's graduation brunch at my parents' house at 10am
Me & Pa at Trey's Graduation Brunch

James, my cousin, entertained us with his hilarious faces!

Sister-in-law & Brother

  • Leaving for Abilene at 12pm
    Driving through torrential rain storm at 4pm
  • Arrive in Abilene at 5pm
  • Buying suit pants for Drew at the Abilene Mall at 5:30pm (yep...we definitely left those at my parents' house--oops!)
    Arriving at Drew's grandparents' house at 5:45pm
  • Leaving for Grace Museum in Abilene for the wedding at 6:30pm
  • Wedding at 7pm- my best friend's little sister, Hannah Orozco married Jason Grassie! My dad was the officiant and did a great job doing their wedding. Hannah was absolutely beautiful! I loved getting to see Alison and Justin who were in the country for the wedding (they are missionaries in Peru)! I got to finally meet and hold precious Corban, Alison's little boy who couldn't be any cuter!! Cailyn was precious as well and was all over the place at the wedding--that girl can move! It's hard to believe that the last time I saw her, she was the precious little flower girl in my wedding--not even old enough to walk (we had her pulled down the aisle in a wagon by my ring bearer cousin).

Mom & Dad at the wedding

    Me & Alison, holding sleepy Corban

    Beautiful Mom!

  • Return to Drew's grandparents' house at 10pm
  • Visit with grandparents until 11pm

Sunday-

  • Go to church with Drew's grandparents at Hillcrest at 9am
  • Go to bible class with Drew's grandparents at 10:45am...yes, the gray haired class!!
  • Go to The Bean at ACU to eat lunch at 11:30am...nope! closed for the summer!
  • Go to Drew's grandparents house to have stew for lunch at 11:45am
  • Look at D-daddy's garden while Gremommy makes stew and cornbread for lunch at 12:00pm
  • Eat lunch at 12:15pm
  • Leave Abilene at 1pm
  • Arrive in Haslet at 4pm
  • Go to small group leader meeting at the Voss' house at 6pm
  • Leave meeting/dinner at 9pm
  • Grocery shopping at Target at 9:15pm
  • Arrive home at 10pm...FINALLY!

So when I say, what a weekend--now you know what I mean.

1 comment:

  1. I'm exhausted just reading but it sounds so fun! I can't believe you went to HIllcrest class!! :)

    ReplyDelete