Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Ice and Snow

Wow...where to begin! So, on Monday I heard on the radio on the way to school that there was going to be some very cold weather that night and possibly sleet/snow mix. Jokingly, I told a couple of my teacher friends to get their calling trees ready in case we would get a call that school was cancelled for Tuesday. Sure enough, the call came early Monday evening that school was cancelled and it was so fun to text my other teacher friends the good news! So exciting!! We had no idea however that we wouldn't have school Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, OR Friday! Every afternoon around 3-4pm, my principal would call me to tell me that school was cancelled again the following day. Weird! The temperatures have been in the teens and 20s- Brrrr! The roads are a complete sheet of ice. So much so, that Drew even went up into the attic to pull down his old ice skates from his hockey days. The streets have such a thick layer of ice on them that it makes for a perfect ice skating rink! We saw another kid down the street skating while pushing around a hockey puck later in the day too.

Here are Drew and Brisket sitting in front of our icy street.
I was brave enough to venture out in the extremely cold temperature too.
I had to see my husband skating on the street!There he goes! Such a pro!!
This was an on-purpose belly slide. Why? Because he's Drew.

Sweet hubby with his ice skates.
Somebody else has become a part of our family (oh no...did I just put that in print?!?)...the stray cat that we have been feeding, Bruce. We felt too sorry for it being out there in these frigid conditions and are letting it stay in the house while it's so cold/icy/snowy. What??!! It keeps me warm!
These are pictures from my phone and not as good as Drew's camera. These are from this morning--it's been snowing all through the night and morning and we have accumulated several more inches of snow!
You can't even tell where the road ends and yards/sidewalks begin.
Drew drove to work this morning in this!
I've been cooking a lot of meals, baking, and making lots and lots of hot tea and hot chocolate! Drew made me lots of warm and beautiful fires in the fireplace until we ran out of fire wood. I'm so thankful for a warm and cozy home to stay in.

3 comments:

  1. Bruce LOVES you! There's no getting rid of him now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how much snow y'all got! They said we would but we got NOTHING! And I can't believe you let that cat sit on your lap! :) Funny though b/c our cat (who I hate) apparently only likes ME. I'm the only one that can get him to come in to eat. He's terrified of everyone else in the fam. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh & I LOVE that Drew was ice skating on your street. So funny :)

    ReplyDelete