Our first doctor's appointment went well and the baby measured right on time at 7 weeks, putting our due date at January 30th, 2014. This time, I am using a new Obgyn and loving him already- Dr. White. I will be delivering at a different hospital as well- Baylor Grapevine...much newer, nicer, and bigger than the hospital we delivered Grayson in. Since I have toddler-sized babies (remember...Grayson came out weighing 10 lbs. 9 oz. and didn't even fit into a newborn size diaper!), Dr. White said we will plan on delivering the "new baby" a week early. Hey! I remember how miserable I was feeling in those last few days and week of being pregnant last time...the earlier (within reason of course!) the better!! So I guess we'll expect to meet the "new baby" around Jan. 23rdish.
So many things are different this pregnancy so far. For one, I have felt nauseous a lot more often. Nothing to even complain about- I just have to keep crackers nearby and eat regularly to keep it at bay. Second, I for some reason am dying to have a girl this time! Every time I make something for Trey and Katie's baby, Madeline, or look at Pinterest and see cute girl nursery themes I just can't help pining for a GIRL! Don't get me wrong, I'll of course be super happy for another sweet baby boy- Grayson would have a brother, I could use all of Grayson's cute clothes, boys are in general easier than girls (at least to dress!), etc. But, I am realizing more and more that my heart desires a girl this time. Let's just say that if this "new baby" is a boy, I'll be doing my best to twist Drew's arm into having a 3rd (and watch me end up with 3 boys!)! Ultimately, though, I really do trust in God's plan for this "new baby," for our family, and for my heart. I will be blessed beyond measure with a healthy baby, no matter what "new baby's" gender.
And now, recent Grayson pics...
![]() |
| Grayson being Grayson...wanting to play his harmonica and wear two different right foot shoes first thing in the morning! |
![]() |
| He insists on wearing his sunglasses like this. |
![]() |
| Grayson loves him some "pop"...this bag of kettle corn from the Haslet Farmer's Market was as big as he is but he wanted to hold it anyway. |






So very excited for you, Tara, and your growing fam. :) Here's hoping this little one gives you what your heart desires: lots of PINK!!!
ReplyDeleteUh yea I let Lexi have a drink of my caramel iced coffee the other day thinking she'd be disgusted. Nope- loved it. Oops.
ReplyDeleteAlso- in my head I refer to your baby as a girl & had to stop myself the other day realizing we don't actually know its a girl yet!