- Drew's birthday (Aug. 22)- had a ton of fun, had birthday breakfast at Waffle House with his family, ate lunch with him during his work lunch break at Chick-Fil-A, and went with Josh and Kellye to see Planet of the Apes movie he was dying to see!
- Mom came to town to stay with us for almost a week to MAKE THE BABY BEDDING!! It turned out so cute! Pictures will follow. She sewed the crib bumpers, bed skirt, window valance, helped me apply the vinyl wall decal of the tree, and found the most perfect lamp that looks like a tree stump as the base!!
- I had the sweetest shower at the Ashton Hotel restaurant thrown by Loren Beckman, a good friend of mine whose husband used to work with Drew and good Bunco buddy of mine! Let's just say I had the best thing I have ever tasted there...Bananas Foster French Toast!! Mmmmm! I am still dreaming about it!
- I had a doctor's appointment and the platelet count came back considerably lower than last time, unfortunately. The last count was 93. My doctor asked me to see a hematologist he referred me to as soon as possible--that appointment is this Friday at 1:30pm...I have lots of anxiety and questions that I am praying will get answered at this appointment. We know, though, that God is taking care of us always.
- My friend, Lara, threw me a fantastic shower this past weekend at her house! Her decorations were amazing and the food was incredible. I was definitely showered with special gifts and am so thankful to all who were able to make it. It meant a lot to have my sister-in-law Katie come into town for it as well as my sister-in-law (and family) Sam making the trek as well! I will try to post pictures of the shower soon.
- Drew and I asked our super awesome family members, Kellye and Sam, to wake up extra early on Saturday morning to go with us to Grapevine to take some maternity photos. They turned out so great and again...I'll post pictures soon. Thanks Kellye and Sam!!! :)
- On Labor Day, something special happened...my sister-in-law, Kellye, got ENGAGED!! We are thrilled to add Josh to the Branch family tree! He is such a Godly guy that makes a perfect team with Kellye. I know he will be a stellar uncle to Grayson as well. We got to celebrate the occasion with them at an engagement surprise party at his parents house in Lucas, TX.
- Today I went to my very first MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) meeting with my friend Kacie Whigham! It was lots of fun and I look forward to continuing to develop neat friendships with those in my MOPS group. I know they will be a great support for me when Grayson arrives.
Week 31
Week 32
Week 33 (and sneak peak of maternity pics!)
View of the nursery from the door!
Thanks Mom! I LOVE how it turned out!!
The awesome bumper
Sweet bumper ties
Window valance with a center pleat (hard to see)
G for Grayson on tree trunk stump
THE TREE! I love how the little blue birds pop as well!
Perfect tree trunk lamp that my mom found!
THE CHAIR! I love it!! Thanks Diane, Donna, and Granny!
Changing table (still needs the changing pad, basket with diapers, etc.)
Bed skirt with a pleat (also hard to see)
I LOVE how everything turned out! It is so satisfying to have a vision in my head of what I thought the nursery would look like and then for it to actually turn out looking exactly like what I had envisioned! YAY!
More pictures coming soon of my amazing showers and maternity photos...

i loved hearing your update. the nursery sounds like it is just as you had pictured, that is something that rarely happens. i love it. now if we can just get your mom and her photo skills going, hahaha....peace
ReplyDelete